Let's Go Out Dancing - Composer (2008)

T. Nathan Roane - Composer (2008)Let's Go Out Dancing
TNR: voice, guitar, trumpet, piano, tambourine, bass drum ER: viola
Didn't you say we'd go out tonight? Or was it in my dreams.
Left to me, we'd never part.
Oh, let's go out dancing! The days fly by so fast,
and you never hold me much anymore.

Troubled now by crazy thoughts, please give your relief.
Tell me, show me, hold me... hold me.
songsheet download

The Composer (2008) album should be considered my post-graduate work, three years spent focused on audio engineering; the music was completely written, recorded, mixed and eventually mastered myself. A few friends joined in performing, but I played most instruments myself as well. I even made all of the artwork and production. Everything up to professional specs (in my opinion), and done mostly in my cellar and bedroom. Crazy, no?

Let's Go Out Dancing was written relatively later than the album's other songs, and one of the last recorded (12th of 13). It makes the best single, as it's rather catchy and relatively easy to videoize, being guitar and voice led.

1 comment:

Amy said...

beautiful!